Vic had a lower proportion of debtors in the population than the national average in 2013–14. There was one debtor per 677 adults in Vic in 2013–14, compared with 546 adults in Australia.
The postcodes with the highest proportion of debtors in the adult population in Vic were:
- 3902 (1 debtor per 94 adults) in Latrobe – Gippsland
- 3727 (1 debtor per 95 adults) in Shepparton
- 3392 (1 debtor per 132 adults) in North West.
There were 136 postcodes in Vic with a higher proportion of debtors in the adult population than the state average. Most of these (51%) were outside the capital city (in Rest of Vic).
The postcodes with the highest number of debtors in 2013–14 were:
- 3977 (138 debtors) in Melbourne – South East
- 3029 (125 debtors) in Melbourne – West
- 3030 (107 debtors) in Melbourne – West.
In all of these postcodes, the ratio of debtors to the adult population was higher than the Vic average. They are all in Greater Melbourne.
For the full report see: