WA had a lower proportion of debtors in the population than the national average in 2013–14. There was one debtor per 713 adults in WA in 2013–14, compared with 546 adults in Australia.
The postcodes with the highest proportion of debtors in the adult population in WA were:
- 6536 (1 debtor per 191 adults) in Western Australia – Outback
- 6037 (1 debtor per 207 adults) in Perth – North West
- 6207 (1 debtor per 265 adults) in Mandurah.
There were 66 postcodes in WA with a higher proportion of debtors in the adult population than the state average. Most of these (67%) were in Greater Perth.
The postcodes with the highest number of debtors in 2013–14 were:
- 6210 (103 debtors) in Mandurah
- 6168 (63 debtors) in Perth – South West
- 6030 (63 debtors) in Perth – North West.
In all of these postcodes, the ratio of debtors to the adult population was higher than the WA average. These postcodes are in Greater Perth.
For the full report see: